Friday 23 January 2015

Top 5 Uses of Coconut Oil !!!

Coconut Oil has hundreds of everyday uses and many health benefits. I got recommended by a friend to use coconut oil as a makeup remover when I was having trouble taking off a long lasting lipstick. I have to say after using it for about 2 months, I am in love. This is a great multi-use product to have in a house, I wanted to let you know the 5 top uses and how to use the oil.

1. Moisturizer - Face. I use coconut oil on my face daily as during the winter months my skin gets very dry, after using the oil it makes my skin very soft. I have also noticed a huge difference in my acne after using the oil.
Body. I use coconut oil all over my body if my skin is really dry however I mainly will use it on my arms, legs, hands and feet for a boast in moisture.
Lips. Coconut oil is great to use on the lips as not only does it moisturize but it also has SPF to protect your lips from the sun. A great recipe for a more natural lip balm is to mix beeswax, Coconut oil, honey, and a vitamin e capsule.
2. Hair Mask - Take a bit of coconut oil, wait for it to melt in your hands then rub into your scalp and down to the tips. This is a great treatment to do the night before and then in the morning have a shower. This is very intense so be careful not to put too much. If you have oily hair then I would only recommend using on the tips of your hair.
3. Make up Remover - While I was using the Rimmel Provocalips in Play with Fire, I had a huge problem of getting the product off so my friend recommended using Coconut oil to remover make up and it is perfect. I get a scoop of the coconut oil and then slowly rub the oil into my face using circular movements and then rub off using a cloth. (Be warned you will look like a panda)
4. Food - There are many health benefits of using coconut oil instead of olive oil, butter and you could actually add a tablespoon in a smoothie as it is low in fat and is good for energy.
5. Shaving Lotion - Rub over before you shave and it will create a close shave while moisturizing your skin. For smooth and supple legs.

Biona Organic Coconut Virgin Oil Raw 
This is the coconut oil I have been using over the past few months. The fresh coconuts are peeled, shredded and dried - then after careful mechanical pressing the oil is simply filtered. No bleaching or pasteurization which is why the product has so many benefits. 

Overall 
Price: £4.39
Pro's: Health Benefits, Multiple uses, Inexpensive
Con's: Messy (Use a spoon)
Overall rating : 5*
Link: http://www.boots.com/en/Biona-Organic-Coconut-Virgin-Oil-Raw-200g_1540203/

I hope you enjoyed my blog  post.



Jess xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment